Mine

GIADEC and Rocksure will develop a US$1.2 billion bauxite and refinery in Ghana

Seetao 2021-09-18 11:04
  • The Ghana bauxite mine is expected to produce 5 million tons of bauxite per year. It will generate more than 1,000 jobs
Read this article
4 Minutes

The Ghana Comprehensive Aluminum Development Corporation (GIADEC) has selected Rocksure International to develop bauxite and refineries in Ghana at an estimated cost of US$1.2 billion. The state-owned holding company will hold 70% of the equity in the integrated mining project, and Rocksure will hold the remaining 30%.

Rocksure is headquartered in Ghana and is committed to providing mining, construction and related support services in West Africa. GIADEC CEO Michael Ansah said that Rocksure will lead the construction of the bauxite mine, which is located in Nyinahin-Mpasaaso in the Ashanti region of central Ghana. Ansah was quoted as saying that the construction of the mine is expected to cost US$200 million. On the other hand, the bauxite refinery is estimated to cost about US$1 billion. It converts raw bauxite into aluminum products.

The mine is estimated to contain 390 million tons of bauxite. The Ghanaian company expects to develop the mine within the next two years. The construction of the refinery will also take nearly two years. According to reports, the proposed bauxite mine and refinery are part of the second phase of the fourth phase of the Ghana Integrated Aluminum Industry (IAI) development project.

Keywords: international engineering news, foreign engineering project information

GIADEC stated in a tweet: “After a competitive and transparent investor participation process, our strategic partner Rocksure International will implement Project 2, which involves the development of a mine and a refinery solution in Nyinahin-Mpasaaso.” According to the According to the company, Ghana estimates that it has approximately 900 million tons of bauxite in the Awaso, Nyinahin and Kibi regions.Editor/Baohongying

0
Collect