At the invitation of Wang Yi, State Councilor and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the State Council of the People's Republic of China, Ramdan Ramallah, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Diaspora of the Democratic People's Republic of Algeria, will pay a friendly working visit to China from March 19 to 21, 2022. The foreign ministers of the two countries had an in-depth exchange of views on China-Arab relations and international and regional issues of common concern, and reached the following broad consensus.
1. The two sides stressed that China-Arab relations have a profound history and a comprehensive strategic nature, and are willing to continue to work hard to develop the China-Arab comprehensive strategic partnership for the benefit of both sides. The two sides reaffirmed their firm mutual support on issues concerning each other's core interests and major concerns. The Afghan side said that it abides by the one-China policy, supports China's position on human rights, Xinjiang-related and Hong Kong-related issues, and should not politicize human rights issues or use them as a tool of pressure in international relations. The Chinese side congratulates Algeria on the 60th anniversary of the victory of the independent revolution in Algeria, supports the Algerian side's efforts to maintain national security and stability, and appreciates the development measures the Algerian side has taken to achieve comprehensive economic revitalization.
2. The two sides agreed to comprehensively strengthen the alignment of the development strategies of the two countries, deepen practical cooperation, and benefit the two peoples. The two sides announced that they have reached a consensus on the text of the "China-Arab Cooperation Plan for Jointly Building the Belt and Road", which will be signed as soon as possible. The two sides will also step up communication on other cooperation documents being negotiated and signed, and strive to sign them as soon as possible. The Afghan side appreciates the positive role played by the Belt and Road Initiative in promoting the values of cooperation, solidarity and win-win results. China appreciates Afghanistan's support for the Global Development Initiative and has joined the "Group of Friends of the Global Development Initiative" as one of the first members.
3. The two sides stressed that the Palestinian issue should be resolved in accordance with relevant UN resolutions, to ensure the right of the Palestinian people to establish an independent Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders and with East Jerusalem as its capital, and to achieve security and stability in the Middle East. Mutual respect should be advocated, the principles of fairness and justice should be adhered to, and peaceful political settlement of regional hotspot issues should be promoted. The Chinese side congratulates the Arab side for hosting the Arab League summit in early November 2022, supports the Arab side, as the incoming rotating presidency of the Arab League, to play an active role in promoting the Arab common cause and responding to various challenges faced by the Arab world. Afghanistan's collective cooperation, especially the preparation of the proposed China-Arab summit, has made positive contributions and supported the Arab side in playing an important and constructive role in international and regional affairs. The Arab side thanks the Chinese side for its consistent support for the Arab just cause, appreciates the Chinese side's proposals and active efforts to promote a just and lasting settlement of regional issues, and expects the Chinese side to play a greater role in maintaining peace, security and stability in the Middle East.
4. The two sides emphasized the importance of the China-Africa comprehensive strategic partnership of cooperation, supported Africa in achieving common development goals in accordance with Agenda 2063, adhered to the basic principles of the African Union Charter, eliminated crises that threatened peace, security and stability in Africa, and committed to To solve African problems in African ways. China appreciates Afghanistan's positive role in supporting the stability and development of the Sahel and the Sahara region, promoting the peaceful resolution of the crises in Libya and Mali, and promoting the construction of the African Free Trade Area. Event coordinator for active efforts to combat this dangerous public enemy in Africa. Regarding the Western Sahara issue, the two sides stressed their support for efforts to reach a just and lasting solution within the framework of international law, especially relevant UN resolutions.
5. The two sides reaffirmed close coordination and cooperation in international and multilateral affairs, adhered to the principle of non-interference in internal affairs, continued to promote the democratization of international relations, resolved disputes through dialogue and peaceful means, and firmly safeguarded the international system with the United Nations at its core and the purposes of the United Nations Charter basic principles of international relations. Keywords: One Belt One Road, One Belt One Road News, One Belt One Road Project
On the Ukraine issue, the two sides believe that the purposes and principles of the UN Charter should be adhered to, and the sovereignty and territorial integrity of each country should be respected; the principle of indivisibility of security should be adhered to and the legitimate security concerns of the parties concerned should be accommodated; Disputes; oppose the indiscriminate imposition of unilateral sanctions that have no basis in international law, and avoid breaking international rules and harming people's livelihoods; the humanitarian situation should be eased, and the two sides are willing to make joint efforts to this end.Editor/XuNing