Petrochemical

Petronas starts construction on Bukit Tua Phase 2B project in Indonesia

Seetao 2022-04-19 14:51
  • Project on East Java coast goes into production after drilling of well BTJTB-T2
Read this article
5 Minutes

Petronas, through its subsidiary PC Ketapang II (PCK2L), has started production at the Bukit Tua Phase 2B project in Indonesian waters. Petronas said the project's first hydrocarbons off the coast of East Java were obtained after drilling the BTJTB-T2 well.

The BTJTB-T2 well is located in the Ketapang block and will be drilled in late September 2021 with a target depth of 1,890m. According to Petronas, the milestone is part of the fourth development in Bukit Tua following Phases 1, 2A and 3 of Bukit Tua. The company's target for the Bukit Tua Phase 2B project is to produce 12,500 barrels of oil equivalent and 30 million standard cubic feet of natural gas per day by drilling five development wells.

"As a progressive energy and solutions partner, this achievement demonstrates our commitment to providing a safe and reliable energy supply to Indonesia," said Adif Zulkifli, Executive Vice President and Upstream CEO, Petronas. "The first phase of the Bukit Tua Phase-2B project A hydrocarbon will play an important role in helping to achieve Indonesia's goal of 1 million barrels of oil per day by 2030. "

Petronas owns an 80% operating stake in the Ketapang block, which is held through PC KetapangII and another subsidiary, Petronas Carigali (Ketapang). Saka Ketapang Perdana owns the remaining 20% of the offshore block.

Yuzaini Md Yusof, President of PC Ketapang II, said: "We are proud of the positive results of this achievement and the full commitment of all parties. We thank SKKMigas, local authorities and our partners for their great support throughout the project." Bukit Tua The Phase 2B project is an expansion of the Bukit Tua field, which has been producing since 2015. In addition to the Ketapang block, Petronas also operates the North Madura II Production Sharing Contract (PSC) offshore East Java. The company is also a joint venture partner in six other onshore and offshore blocks in the Sumatra, Natuna, East Java and West Papua regions.Editor/XingWentao

0
Collect